Sunday, April 5, 2009

Spring fun

What a great day today. I need more of this, definitively. I was so sick of remodeling that I got on my bike this morning and rode about two hours in wonderful spring weather. Ok, it wasn’t warm enough to ride in short sleeves (as I had hoped) but at least the sun was out and it didn’t rain. I always enjoy riding early in the morning because there are very few people/cars on the roads, at least on Sundays.
The afternoon was spent in front of the TV – watching the Tour of Flanders. Despite the recent decline of interest in procycling in Germany , we’re lucky that a lot of races are still shown live on TV. One of the good things about living here! The race itself was not as interesting and exciting as some of the previous editions, Quickstep was simply too strong (having Boonen, Devolder and Chavanel there). Devolder's attack on the Muur was perfect. Then he just hammered and kept the legs turning until the finish. Great attack by him and a worthy winner, followed by Haussler and Gilbert on second and third.

No comments:

Post a Comment